Trinity Presbyterian Church Bailieborough
The First 125 Years 1887-2012
Incorporates the Churches of Second Bailieborough and Seafin
There are still many Presbyterian churches without a written history so it is always great to see a new congregational history appearing. This one, written by Leslie McKeague, was published with funding from the European Union’s PEACE III Programme managed for the Special EU Programmes Body by the County Cavan PEACE III Peace and Reconciliation Partnership.
The author has already compiled Bailieborough, A Pictorial Past, a pictorial record of the locality, so was well placed to write up the history of his local churches. It not only chronicles the events in the life of the churches during the ministry of each minister but also records details of Presbyterian ministers who came from the Bailieborough area, reproduces a number of financial reports which provide a census of Presbyterians in the area in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, and records gravestone inscriptions for Urcher graveyards and reminiscences of members of the three congregations. It is well illustrated and has a useful bibliography.
The book is available for consultation only in the Presbyterian Historical Society’s Library.
Paperback, 159 pages
Publisher: Bailie Publications, 2013
Contact Bailie Publications for details about obtaining copies for purchase.
View the Trinity Presbyterian Church Bailieborough website
Filed under: Other |